GRE Subject Math Prep-Module5:ODE – Course Description
This course is a prep course for the GRE Subject exam in Mathematics. If you wish to apply for a grad program in math, statistics and such, this exam is required.
This is the fifth module and includes all the original differential equations material needed in order to excel in the exam. More importantly, the course teaches techniques for solving problems FAST (since in the exam you will have 2.5 min per question – very little time).
We will go over the following topics:
- Simple ODE’s
- Separable ODE’s
- Exact ODE’s
- Integrating factors
- Linear ODE’s of order 1 and 2
- Graphical solution
The course is designed to review all that is necessary to get you up to speed and get you solving real exam problems. Content covered in the previous modules is assumed.
See the free intro lecture to get more details.
What are the requirements?
- Be a math major in his/her senior year, or equivalent.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 6 lectures and 28 mins of content!
- Excel in the GRE subject Mathematics exam’s ordinary differential equations questions
- Solve ODE questions more quickly
- Pace through the test
What is the target audience?
- This course is intended to prep for the GRE Subject Math test. NOT for the math section at the general GRE.
- Students who wish to apply for graduate math programs must do the GRE Subject Math test. This course is designed for them
- This course assumes knowledge equivalent to B.S in mathematics.
- This course assumes knowledge of modules 1,2,3,4