Are you a good leader ?
Many think leaders are born and others think leadership is a training process to be taught. In both the case they visualize someone who have exhibited charismatic leadership skills in their life, that person may be your high school teacher whom you liked, Cricket player whom you followed or it may be your parents you loved. You may be also thinking to become a leader like the one whom you admired, for that you need understand what skills make them a leader and how you can acquire those ability.
There are many leadership skills definition exist, what matters is a good leader plays a critical role in shaping his followers thought process. There could be differences in profession and backgrounds but the fact is all leaders have the same vision to drive the team best, motivate and drive them towards achieving the greatness together. Common belief is that leaders are born, So you have born that means you are a leader, now that you need become more popular and followed than others for that some polishing is needed that it what we are going to list in this section.
How to develop a leadership skills ?
- Self-assessment: analyze the personal strength and evaluate what you’re good and also the areas you’re weak at (the same with the employees). Understanding the weakness is a great achievement This helps to assign others who have those abilities to achieve the common goals.
- Commitment resolve and perseverance – Drive these three combinations on every aspect of work toward the organization and build the vision to a singular integrate.
- Take challenges – break through the new resolution that leads to developing new products that can establish at the marketplace. Probably a new product or create a new creative marketing strategy.
- Sharp perception and distinct planning- build a strong team that drives everyone towards the centralized goal. It should lay an another trait of great leaders. If the team is dysfunctional, it is generally a failure in the leadership.
- Optimistic perspective – An encouraging contribution from the leader can make a difference to the entire organization. Establishing a friendly environment can meltdown and encourage team members to create inspiring sessions at the workplace.
- Failures are part of the game! No matter how hard, failures should happen and it is this experience that leads to a greater level of achievement- motivate and have a mobility management skill, it would create the best for the organization as a whole.
- Good Communication skills is an asset for a great leader, in fact this defines them to be a great leader. It is not about how you adequate ideas what matters is how you interpret it to the team or the client. (An outstanding communication skill can be learned). Leadership communication drives others towards the goal of what the leader imagine.
- Have the courage to acquire correct decision on time, being transparent in every action can successfully achieve business goals. Bring integrity of unique knowledge sets on to the table can succeed with integrity.
This leadership skill list is not exhaustive one however if one starts with these important one rest will follow during the courses
Why Leadership skills are important ?
Let’s firstly understand that ‘management is an occupation and leadership is a calling.’ It is more precise a leader is someone who does the right thing and a manager is someone who does things right.
The above-given leadership skills list provides a unique vision to achieve success with the necessary tools to communicate the vision the leader hold. A well-adopted leadership convention leads itself to an ethical consideration of transformational and adaptive styles that can transfer the vision into a reality.
The key to being a true leader is by developing the individuals or social constructs. This foundation creates a drive of passion that doesn’t lead solely with financial returns. It is the leadership quality that leads the employee within the organization confidently work towards the greater good, both on behalf of their personal and that of the organization.
The relationship between the leader and the followers would reflect on the performance of delivering a specific product or service. It is this process that the followers lay the most critical element of their trust can be put upon the leader. Achieving that level of loyalty and dedication is not possible if there is no genuine effort inspired by true leadership skills. After all, leadership is a state of mind that distinguish their personality and traits them to be successful leaders. The best leaders are not born they are created with leadership styles by appropriately applying their difference at different circumstances.
Also Read on