Continuous Improvement is an ongoing effort to improve products, services and processes to provide excellence and added value for the customer. It is important to emphasize that continuous improvement isn’t one particular system or specific way of doing something, it’s a mindset, based on the knowledge that there is always a better way of doing things and therefore a journey that never ends. It is also important to recognize that continuous improvement activities take place all the time and can range from small incremental improvements introduced by individuals, to large organizational projects around process change test.
Understanding processes so that they can be improved by means of a systematic approach requires the knowledge of a simple kit of tools or techniques. The effective use of these tools and techniques requires their application by the people who actually work on the processes, and their commitment to this will only be possible if they are assured that management cares about improving quality. Managers must show they are committed by providing the training and implementation support necessary.
The tools, methods and techniques provided within this training lend themselves to more directed or facilitated improvement activities and will enable you to Improve Your Business Processes, Achieve Operational Excellence and Increase Your Customer Satisfaction.
Content and Overview:
This course contains 71 lectures, 9 hours of content organized in 9 areas, and quizzes containing 60+ questions. The course is suitable for 1) business owners responsible for improving their business processes; 2) professionals involved in the development and improvement of business processes; and 3) students seeking career in business process management.
The content areas include:
- Value Stream Mapping
- 6 S Workplace Organization
- Standardized Work and Standard Operating Procedures
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Poka Yoke and Mistake Proofing
- SMED, Quick Changeover and Setup Time Reduction
- Production Levelling and Scheduling
- Process Balancing and Synchronization
- Quality Management – Principles, Practices, Tools
By completing this course, you’ll be armed with the valuable and practical skills you need to boost the effectiveness and efficiency of your organization by using various basic and advanced continuous process improvement tools, improve both your personal performance as a business professional, and the overall performance of your company’s functional departments. The course will provide you with the information and analysis you need to remain both current and competitive; the state-of-the-art knowledge and practices you need to meet your customer’s demands and requirements; and the details to meet them with dramatically greater speed and precision than your competitors.
What are the requirements?
- Some knowledge of business processes.
- Computer and Internet.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 71 lectures and 9 hours of content!
- You will learn how to add value, eliminate waste, and boost the effectiveness and efficiency of your organization using lean value stream mapping and analysis.
- You will be able to implement 6 S methodology, improve workplace morale, safety, efficiency and create a clean, organized, high-performance and safe workplace.
- You will understand how to develop and implement standard operating procedures, create repeatable, reliable and capable processes, and make high – quality products and services cheaply, quickly, and safely.
- You will have the knowledge to implement total prodictive maintenance, improve equipment availability and reliability and create a high-performance and safe workplace.
- You will learn how to employ poka yoke methods and devices, identify and prevent defects from occurring, and create a high-performance, zero defect and error free workplace.
- You will be able to develop and implement quick changeover and setup reduction program, produce profitably and make frequent product/model changeovers.
- You will have the ability to improve the production flow, achieve flexible and smoothed production, improve quality and customer satisfaction, reduce costs, and develop an efficient production system.
- You will understand how to develop, implement, and use the process balancing, synchronization, and the TOC concepts and tools, improve and optimize the performance of your processes and improve overall organizational effectiveness and capabilities.
- You will learn how and when to use the most effective methods and tools for attaining superior results – the seven basic quality tools, management and planning tools, process improvement tools, innovation and creativity tools, and lean tools.
What is the target audience?
- The course is suitable for business owners responsible for improving their business processes.
- The course is suitable for professionals involved in the development and improvement of business processes.
- The course is suitable for students seeking career in business process management.
|Section 1: Value Stream Mapping|
The Purpose of Value Stream Mapping (VSM)
VSM Process – Stage 1 and Stage 2
VSM Process – Stage 3
VSM Process – Stage 4, Stage 5 and Stage 6
VSM Benefits,Types of Mapping,and Applications.Mapping Tips and Good Practices.
|Section 2: 6 S Workplace Organization|
The Role of 6 S in Lean and Quality. Applications and Benefits.
The 6 S Process – Step 1 and Step 2
The 6 S Process – Steps 3 through 6
The 6 S Implementation Plan. Visual Factory.
Key Success Factors to 6 S Excellence
6 S Quiz
|Section 3: Standardized Work and Standard Operating Procedures|
Standard Operations Basics
Basic Elements and Forms of Standard Operations
Standard Operations and Operations Improvements
Sustaining Successful Standard Operations
Standardized Work Quiz
|Section 4: Total Productive Maintenance|
Total Productive Maintenance Basics – Terms, Definitions, Approaches
The Traditional TPM Model
Overall Equipment Effectiveness and Six Big Losses
Maintenance Performance Indicators
|Section 5: Poka Yoke and Mistake Proofing|
Source Inspection and Poka Yoke
Poka Yoke Approaches and Principles
Poka Yoke Devices
Poka Yoke and Zero Defects Checklists
Poka Yoke Quiz
|Section 6: SMED, Quick Changeover and Setup Time Reduction|
SMED Basics. Types of Changeover Operations.
Changeover Improvement Process – Steps 1 through 3
Changeover Improvement Process – Steps 4 through 6
Techniques for Setup Reduction
Improving Changeover Rules. Benefits.
|Section 7: Production Levelling and Scheduling|
Production Levelling and Scheduling Basics
Requirements for Levelling Production Schedules
Level Scheduling in Pull Production
Production Planning and Scheduling – MTS
Production Planning and Scheduling – ATO
Production Planning and Scheduling – MTO and Hybrid
The Eleven Scheduling Concepts
Production Levelling and Scheduling Quiz
|Section 8: Process Balancing and Synchronization|
Process Synchronization and Bottleneck Scheduling
Process Balancing – Part 1
Process Balancing – Part 2
Adapting to Schedule Changes
The Theory of Constraints – Basics
Implementing the TOC
Process Balancing and Synchronization Quiz
|Section 9: Quality Management – Principles, Practices, Tools|
Total Quality – Principles, Practices and Techniques
Seven Classic Quality Tools
Management and Planning Tools
Process Improvement Tools
Innovation and Creativity Tools
Performance Excellence in Organizations
Quality Management Quiz