Java Programming for Complete Beginners – Learn in 250 Steps
Zero Java Programming Experience? No Problem.
Do you want to take the first steps to Become a Great Java Programmer? Do you want to Learn Java Step By Step in a Fail Safe in28Minutes Way? Do you want to Learn to Write Great Java Programs?
******* Some Amazing Reviews From Our Learners *******
★★★★★ it’s an awesome course , i was a complete beginner and it helped me a lot. One of the best courses i have every taken on Udemy.
★★★★★ This is the best Java course I’ve come across. It’s straight to the point without any missing details. You can get an idea of what you’re getting into working with Java fast with this course. I really like it.
★★★★★ The experienece was extremely amazing. The course was highly detailed and comprehensive and all the topic were covered properly with due examples to their credit. The instructor is passionateabout what he is doing and hence it makes the course much more worth to learn. Kudos to the instructor for such an amazing job.
★★★★★ Never thought taking an online course will be so helpful. The instructor is quite engaging, gives good amount of exercises.
★★★★★ This course is wonderful! I really enjoy it. It really is for beginners, so it’s very helpful for people which don’t know nothing about programming.
★★★★★ Very comprehensive and detail course the instructor takes the patience to explain everything andgoes a step forward in thinking what kind of errors could happen to the students really good instructor!
★★★★★ It’s very well thought out. I enjoy the constant exercises and the challenge they present to make things happen.
******* Course Overview *******
Java is one of the most popular programming languages. Java offers both object oriented and functional programming features.
We take an hands-on approach using a combination of JShell and Eclipse as an IDE to illustrate more than 200 Java Coding Exercises, Puzzles and Code Examples. This course assumes no previous ( beginner ) programming or Java experience. If you’ve never programmed a computer before, or if you already have experience with another programming language and want to quickly learn Java, this is a perfect course for you.
In more than 250 Steps, we explore the most important Java Programming Language Features
- Basics of Java Programming – Expressions, Variables and Printing Output
- Java Operators – Java Assignment Operator, Relational and Logical Operators, Short Circuit Operators
- Java Conditionals and If Statement
- Methods – Parameters, Arguments and Return Values
- Object Oriented Programming – Class, Object, State and Behavior
- Basics of OOPS – Encapsulation, Abstraction, Inheritance and Polymorphism
- Basics about Java Data Types – Casting, Operators and More
- Java Built in Classes – BigDecimal, String, Java Wrapper Classes
- Conditionals with Java – If Else Statement, Nested If Else, Java Switch Statement, Java Ternary Operator
- Loops – For Loop, While Loop in Java, Do While Loop, Break and Continue
- Immutablity of Java Wrapper Classes, String and BigDecimal
- Java Dates – Introduction to LocalDate, LocalTime and LocalDateTime
- Java Array and ArrayList – Java String Arrays, Arrays of Objects, Primitive Data Types, toString and Exceptions
- Introduction to Variable Arguments
- Basics of Designing a Class – Class, Object, State and Behavior. Deciding State and Constructors.
- Understanding Object Composition and Inheritance
- Java Abstract Class and Interfaces. Introduction to Polymorphism.
- Java Collections – List Interface(ArrayList, LinkedList and Vector), Set Interface (HashSet, LinkedHashSet and TreeSet), Queue Interface (PriorityQueue) and Map Interface (HashMap, HashTable, LinkedHashMap and TreeMap() – Compare, Contrast and Choose
- Generics – Why do we need Generics? Restrictions with extends and Generic Methods, WildCards – Upper Bound and Lower Bound.
- Functional Programming – Lambda Expression, Stream and Operations on a Stream (Intermediate Operations – Sort, Distinct, Filter, Map and Terminal Operations – max, min, collect to List), Functional Interfaces – Predicate Interface,Consumer Interface, Function Inteface for Mapping, Method References – static and instance methods
- Introduction to Threads and MultiThreading – Need for Threads
- Implementing Threads – Extending Thread Class and Implementing Runnable Interface
- States of a Thread and Communication between Threads
- Introduction to Executor Service – Customizing number of Active Threads. Returning a Future, invokeAll and invokeAny
- Introduction to Exception Handling – Your Thought Process during Exception Handling. try, catch and finally. Exception Hierarchy – Checked Exceptions vs Unchecked Exceptions. Throwing an Exception. Creating and Throwing a Custom Exception – CurrenciesDoNotMatchException. Try with Resources – New Feature in Java 7.
- List files and folders in Directory with Files list method, File walk method and find methods. Read and write from a File.
- You will Learn Java the MODERN WAY – Step By Step – With 200 HANDS-ON Code Examples
You will Understand the BEST PRACTICES in Writing High Quality Java Code
You will Solve a Wide Range of Hands-on Programming EXERCISES with Java
- You will Learn to Write AWESOME Object Oriented Programs with Java
- You will Acquire ALL the SKILLS to demonstrate an EXPERTISE with Java Programming in Your Job Interviews
- You will learn ADVANCED Object Oriented Programming Concepts – Abstraction, Inheritance, Encapsulation and Polymorphism
- You will learn the Basics of Object Oriented Programming – Interfaces, Inheritance, Abstract Class and Constructors
- You will learn the Basics of Programming – variables, choosing a data type, conditional execution, loops, writing great methods, breaking down problems into sub problems and implementing great Exception Handling
- You will learn Basics of Functional Programming with Java
- You will gain Expertise in using Eclipse IDE and JShell
- You will learn the basics of MultiThreaded Programming – with Executor Service
- You will learn about a wide variety of Java Collections – List, Map, Set and Queue Interfaces