- To gain a basic understanding of what it means to say that Yoga IS meditation
- Easily be able to perform short self-guided meditations
- To practice meditation systematically with body, breath, conscious and unconscious mind, and beyond
- To understand the difference between modern postural yoga and traditional yoga which is about meditation
*******Over 12,000 students are enrolled in this course*******
An increasing number of postural yoga teachers and students are exploring the more traditional meaning of yoga practices as methods of meditation and contemplation intended to lead to Self-realization, or enlightenment, awakening to the ever peaceful, joyous center of consciousness which is one with the absolute reality. This course is designed to be an introduction to that process, to the fact that yoga really does mean “union” of the individual self with the universal Self.
- Teachers and students of postural yoga who want to go a step further into the more traditional practice of yoga as meditation
- Yoga practitioners whose first encounter with yoga has been as meditation, rather than as a physical practice
- People who already have any kind of background in yoga and/or meditation.