Trademarks in Plain English – Course Description
Discover the secrets of protecting your brand through trademarking in this presentation by Andrei Mincov, an intellectual property lawyer with 20 years of experience, the best-selling author of The Ultimate Insider’s Guide to Intellectual Property, and the founder of the Trademark Factory®.
- What trademarks are and why we need them
- The difference between trademarks and trade names (company names)
- What cannot be protected as a trademark
- The limits of trademark protection
- The difference between unregistered (™) and registered (®) trademarks
- 7 benefits of trademark registration
- When you should register trademarks
- The trademark registration process
- Trademark Tips & Tricks
What are the requirements?
- You need to be passionate about your brand.
- Other than that, no prior knowledge is required.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 10 lectures and 1 hour of content!
- Discover the secrets of using trademark laws to create and maintain your competitive advantage
What is the target audience?
- This course if for business owners who value their brands and are interested in protecting them.
- This course is in plain English, so it’s probably not for lawyers or those who want to become lawyers.
|Section 1: All You Need to Know about Trademarks as a Business Owner|
Introduction: What Every Small Business Owner Needs to Know about Trademarks
What Are Trademarks and Why Do We Need Them?
Trademarks vs. Trade Names
What Cannot Be Protected as a Trademark
Trademarks Don’t Give Absolute Monopoly Over Words and Images
7 Benefits of Trademark Registration
Registered ® vs. Unregistered ™ Trademarks
When Should You Register Your Trademarks?
What is the Trademark Registration Process
Trademark Tips & Tricks
What did you learn?