Six Steps to Success with College Applications – Course Description
Do you have questions about college applications?
Are you a student, parent, mentor, counselor and looking for a simple, 6 steps that illuminate the path for college applications?
If you answered, “yes,” to both of these question, then, this is the right class for you. We will find the answers to many questions. What is the most important part of a college application? GPA? SAT? SAT Subject Tests? Leadership? Recommendations? Does it matter if I choose a major? What are the best colleges to put on my list? How do I avoid student loan debt?
This course provides 6 steps of instructions, worksheets, and lectures for students that explain how to apply for admission to college. Information in this course includes hyperlinks to key websites to search for colleges, register for student tests, and apply for college admissions. High school students learn the essential steps to apply to college while parents and college counselors better understand how to support successful applications to college.
College applications are open for registration on August 1. Steps 1 through 4 show students how to evaluate academic abilities and life goals in order to select the right college. Steps 5 and 6 show students how to brainstorm, outline, write, revise, and review college essays and applications that are more likely to be accepted to colleges of your choice. Once students are offered admission to college, a review of the financial offers and career opportunities completes Step 6.
This class is appropriate for every student who wishes to successfully apply to college. Parents, mentors, and counselors are also welcome. Advanced students will learn the 6 steps and apply the key strategies to improve the chances of admission to college.
What are the requirements?
- This class is designed for all students, parents, mentors, and counselors who want to understand the basics of college applications.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 31 lectures and 1.5 hours of content!
- Anticipate college application requirements and deadlines
- Identify colleges and universities that will allow achievement of life and career goals and dreams
- Have strategies to produce compelling, authentic, personal statements and activity descriptions
- Complete 6 Simple Steps to Apply to College