About This Course
What will I learn?
- Practical guidance for selecting the right type of investor for your start-up
- Real world knowledge from an experienced professional
- 1 hour high-quality video content (instructor videos, simpleshow explainer videos)
- Challenging quizzes
- Checklists and research lists to successfully enter the funding process of your own project
Who is this for?
- The course is well-suited for young entrepreneurs and visionaries who have just started thinking about a business they want to establish or wish to bring their new business to the next level
- The course is for those who want to get an overview and understand the basics within a short time
- The course is for those who have only a generic perception of pitching a business idea to investors
- The course is for those who want to get practical advice from a seasoned venture capitalist
- This course will not provide tips for writing a business plan or making financial forecasts
What are the requirements?
- Be ready to jump-start your business idea! We’ll explain the rest.
An efficient, simple and visually engaging course for budding entrepreneurs and business owners.
You have a good idea and want to turn it into a business? Or maybe you’re already up and running but missing vital capital to take your business to the next level? This crash course will get you ready for your investors pitch!
Some of the questions we’ll be answering:
– What kind of investors are out there
– What to expect and what not to expect from venture capitalists
– What are investors looking for in young entrepreneurs
– What makes an investor really tick; how do they screen, judge and select business ideas
– What information do you need to have ready and with what level of detail
– Where and how can you meet investors in person
– How do you best prepare to approach an investor for the first time
– What are the do’s and dont’s
Expert Eran Davidson, a venture capitalist with over 20 years of investing experience in technology based start-ups in Europe, the US and Africa, offers valuable insights and advice on how young start-ups can connect with potential investors in a smart and professional way.
In comprehensive and illustrated lectures you’ll get the overview and basic knowledge you need in order to really take your business to the next level!
The handcrafted simpleshow-style imagery present throughout, will help you acquire and remember the essentials of the topic in an enjoyable way within a very short time.
Notecards are available for download, challenging quizzes track your learning progress, and checklists are provided for your own plans.
How to find an investor for your business idea – we’ll explain all!
|Section 1: INTRODUCTION|
|Lecture 2||1 page|
|Section 2: INVESTORS – OVERVIEW|
Test your insights on the different types of investors
|Section 3: VENTURE CAPITALISTS|
Test your insights on the characteristics of VCs
Test your insights on what (not) to expect from a VC
|Section 4: IDENTIFYING A SUITABLE INVESTOR|
|Lecture 11||1 page|
Checklist: Company Builders
Checklist: Venture Capitalists
|Section 5: AVENUES TO POTENTIAL INVESTORS|
|Lecture 17||2 pages|
Test your insights on how to be best prepared for your first encounter
|Section 6: COMMUNICATING WITH INVESTORS|
|Lecture 22||1 page|
|Lecture 24||2 pages|
Test your insights on how to best approach an investor
|Section 7: THE INVESTORS’ DECISION MAKING PROCESS|
|Lecture 29||1 page|
Test your insights on the investors’ decicion making process
|Section 8: CONCLUSION|