We’re in the 21st Century, but many business still run their operations like it’s the start of the 20th Century. This course shows you how to leverage a tool you already own, Microsoft Excel, to improve the operation of your business. If you want get an edge over your competition and increase revenue, while decreasing cost, this is the course for you. Don’t let the word quantitative scare you off. While these solutions are math based, they’re more about measuring and tracking. This course includes:
- 18 video-based, case-oriented lectures, that are between 5 and 10 minutes
- In most cases, an Excel template is provided for you to download so you don’t have to start from scratch!
- Though straightforward, the information is fairly dense so, while the length of time to complete will largely depend on the individual. Since the course is designed to be “hands-on” it will require more time than just watching the videos
- You should take this course, because — if properly applied — these techniques can save you substantial time and money.
What are the requirements?
- While some basic knowledge of Excel is helpful, I walk you through step-by-step with screen prints and screen capture videos
- Most of the math is simple multiplication, addition, subtraction, and division, and is only needed for entering formulas into Excel.
- Solver is the core of this course, but don’t worry if you’ve never heard of it. It comes standard with Office for Windows, and I have a video that shows you step-by-step how to install it on your system.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 21 lectures and 2 hours of content!
- Using Excel, you will be able to maximize profits with a system of constraints
- Using Exel, you will learn to minimize costs within a set of constraints.
- You will learn minimize your shipping costs by optimizing your delivery routes
- Using Excel and the PERT process, you will be able to optimize the scheduling of complex projects to avoid costly delays
- Inventory headaches? You will learn the optimum balance of on-hand inventory that minimizes your holding and ordering costs.
- If you’re new to operations, or just want to know what’s involved with operations, I got you covered there too. Each video is based around a real-world (albeit fictional) business problem.
What is the target audience?
- This operations course is designed for any manager who wants to increase profits and decrease cost.
- Don’t let the word quantitative scare you. The actual math is very basic and not much different than what you do on a daily basis — plus we do it all in Excel.
- Whether building a $50,000,000 new building or minimizing inventory costs for a mom and pop business, you will benefit from this course
- If you are an insurance agent or simply process reports, then this course is probably not for you. But . . . if you oversee the production and distribution of . . . well . . . nearly anything, then you will benefit from this course.
- Solver, a data analyis module in Excel, is the core of this course, but it has to be specially download for Apple users. If you own a Mac, this course is probably not for you