Make Money – Course Description
People have always been curious about how other people live – that’s why publishers are always searching for true-life short stories, and why so many of them pay so well. But don’t be fooled though, there’s a definite skill to telling the right stories in the right way, and, to getting accepted.
I know this because I’ve been writing stories like these for the last twenty years. I’ve had them published internationally, everywhere from in best-selling books like Chicken Soup for the Soul, and magazines worldwide, to being given a regular column in a national newspaper, to compiling other people’s stories in a couple of books for Carers, and just about everything in between.
If you’d like to learn all the tricks and skills I’ve learned about making money from this market, please enroll in this course, I’d be happy to teach you.
After all, we all have stories to share; the skill is simply sharing them in a way people want to hear them.
(Also, don’t forget, this course also comes with a FULL, 30-day money-back guarantee, so maybe the true question is: What have you really got to lose by enrolling?)
What are the requirements?
- A computer (PC or Mac).
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 17 lectures and 1 hour of content!
- Understand exactly what a Personal Essay is, and what is required to make it publishable.
- Learn how to source and recognise true-life events and experiences that suit this style of writing.
- Successfully write about true-life events in a way that makes them publishable and sought-after.
- Understand the importance of weaving appropriate messages into the story and how to do it successfully.
- Research and discover publishers who are actively looking for Personal Essays to publish, and understand exactly what they are looking for.
- Recognise the Rights the publisher is asking for, and exactly what you are selling when you sign a contract.
- Create and submit a professional-looking manuscript.
What is the target audience?
- People who are happy writing about aspects of their lives, and sharing those stories with the world.
- People who have a good understanding of the English language and a genuine interest in writing.
- It can be an added advantage if writers also have a reflective or philosophical outlook on life.