Learn C and C++ Bootcamp for Beginners
This course is an introduction to the C and C++ programming language. The C programming language has spurred many language developments since its invention by Dennis Ritchie in the early 1970s. Many modern programming languages owe their syntax to C. C is still a very popular programming language after over 40 years. C++ is based on C, but extends the language with features such as function templates, namespaces, and (of course) classes.
In this course, we’ll explore the C and C++ programming language. We’ll start with data types of C, then quickly dispel the mystery (and fright) that surrounds C’s most powerful element, the pointer. Understanding pointers first allows us to grasp the underlying nature of arrays and structs, parameters passed by reference, and many other things hidden by other languages but exposed in C.
Then we will move to streams in C++ , which simplify input and output a great deal.
Here’s a brief list of what you’ll learn:
C Topics :
- Data types and operators
- Pointers and arrays
- Command line arguments
- Decisions and loops
- The stack vs. the heap, and dynamic allocation
C++ Topics :
- Primitive data types and variables
- How to create and use namespaces
- Basic I/O in C++ using streams
- File input and output using streams
- Function templates – a look at writing generic code
- Classes and objects
- Constructors and Destructors
- Inheritance (Single and Multiple)
If you’ve been thinking about learning C and C++, then this course is a good first step.
- Write a Program using C Language
Write a Program using C++ Language