Are you interested in studying bookkeeping or accounting but don’t know where to start? Are you studying for your first year professional Bookkeeping exams or Financial Accounting exams (ACCA, CPA) and need to do some exam prep? Do you want to refresh bookkeeping and accounting skills from the past?
INTRODUCTION BOOKKEEPING AND ACCOUNTING
Bookkeeping and Accounting is not for everyone, but a rounded business person will understand how to keep proper and correct books. If you are a small business owner, or part of a larger organisation, having bookkeeping and accounting knowledge is a must have business skill.
CONTENTS AND OVERVIEW
We will first look at the role of a bookkeeper and the importance of that role in the business accounting process. We will then examine different types of business documents and reasons for document retention, filing and security. After we describe different types of transactions, we will then explain the terms Assets, Liabilities, Capital, Income and Expenditure. In addition to this we will also carry out some calculations using the Accounting Equation.
This course is short but comprehensive, and will take you about 30 min to watch all the tutorials. This course houses a fantastic question bank on the topics covered, ensuring the learner has the opportunity to apply their understanding to examples, making this course ideal for those taking first year professional Bookkeeping exams or Financial Accounting exams (ACCA, CPA) and want some additional help.
In addition to this, this course also contains detailed notes, and a chance to interact with other learners and the instructor, via the course community discussion board, and life time access.
What are the requirements?
- You will need basic maths and a good level of English
- No prior accounting or bookkeeping knowledge is required
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 19 lectures and 44 mins of content!
- Outline the importance of bookkeeping and how it ties in with Accounting
- Identify common business documents
- Recognise reasons for document retention, filing and security
- Describe different types of transactions
- Explain Assets, Liabilities, Income and Expenditure
- Carry out computations using the Accounting Equation
What is the target audience?
- Are you interested in studying Bookkeeping or Accounting?
- Do you want to know how to keep books correctly for your own business
- Do you wish to refresh some business and accounting skills
- Are you studying ACCA, CPA, CA first year financial accounting and need some exam prep?
- Are you studying for professional bookkeeping exams?
- Then this course is for you
|Section 1: Introduction to Bookkeeping and Accounting|
Test your understanding and knowledge retentoin
|Section 2: Bonus section|