Guy Kawasaki’s The Art of Evangelism
Do you want to change the world like Apple? This course will explain how to use a technique called evangelism to change the hearts, minds, and actions of your customers, colleagues, and employees. Evangelism is an innovative approach to sales, marketing, and management. It means mobilizing your customers and staff into becoming as passionate about a cause as you are.
I first learned the technique of evangelism at Apple where my job was to convince developers to believe in Macintosh before it was “real.” I also used evangelism to convince developers and customers to believe in Apple during some of its challenging times. And the rest is history.
Subsequently I’ve used evangelism to introduce many new products. I’m currently the chief evangelist of Canva, the online graphics design service that empowers people to create great graphics. We’ve signed up over 10 million customers in 179 countries in less than four years. That’s the power of evangelism!
This course distills my 30+ years of experience as an evangelist into a straightforward handbook for putting evangelism into action.
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Define your cause, whether it is a business or a public interest concern
- Create a mantra, goals, and tactics to further your cause
- Effectively pitch and demo your product
- Use the stages of evangelism to accelerate your success
- Leverage social media to evangelize more widely
- Find, train, and recruit new evangelists
This course also includes:
- 14 activities so you can immediately put your skills into practice
- My answers to frequently asked questions including: “What if my management doesn’t ‘get’ evangelism?”, “How do I differentiate my pitch?”, and “How do I evangelize a mundane product?”
- My tips and tricks for bringing your own cause, product, or service from idea to reality.
By the end of this course, you will ultimately learn how to establish your product or service as “good news”—far beyond simple “speeds and feeds.”
This course is for people who want to make a difference. If you want to transcend traditional sales and marketing in order to create believers, this course is for you. If you want to challenge the status quo, the mediocre, and the mundane, take action to become a world-class evangelist.
- Entrepreneurs, marketers, and salespeople trying to rise above the noise level in their markets by creating and promoting fantastic products
- Engineers and product managers who are introducing new products
- Companies that need third-party developers and partners
- My target audience is not people with more money than brains who want to buy market share and make a quick buck.