LEARN & IMPLEMENT SEO THAT PRODUCES RESULTS! GET YOUR WEBSITE TO THE TOP OF THE MAJOR SEARCH ENGINES!
When your potential customers and site visitors search at Google, Bing, and Yahoo! … does your Web site appear in the results? At or near the top?
If not, this course can help! At the end of this course you’ll have a firm understanding of how SEO (Search Engine Optimization) works and how you can use it to boost traffic to your site.
SEO That Works!
Search Engine Optimization seems to be a dark art … full of confusion, misconceptions, misleading information, and outright scams. But at heart, SEO is pretty simple, and this course explains it all:
- Picking the Best Keywords for SEO
- Preparing Your Site, Including Avoiding Things that Hurt Your Site
- Understanding the Role of Content in SEO
- Optimizing Your Pages – Meta Tags, Formatting Body Text & Images, etc.
- Boosting SEO with Structured Data Markup
- “Submitting” Your Site to Search Engines and Directories
- Ranking Your Site in Local Search
- Understanding the Importance of Links in SEO and How they Work for You
- Finding Places to Get Great Links to Your Site
Is This Course for You?
Perhaps you own a small business, and your success depends on your Web site. Maybe you’re a Web developer, and you want to do a better job for your clients, or you are responsible for your employer’s Web site and are feeling pressure to get it ranked in the search engines. Or maybe you have hired a Search Engine Optimization company and are not sure that they are doing a good job…or are about to hire an optimization company and have heard the SEO horror stories from friends and colleagues.
Whatever your situation, this course, will take you through the process step-by-step, with commonsense advice and simple examples. Search Engine Optimization is not brain surgery, there are basic rules that, if you follow, will bring success.
Content and Overview
This course of over seven-and-a-half hours, 157 easy-to-digest lectures, and 40 documents with links to useful resources explains the basics of a powerful SEO campaign.
You’ll begin by understanding the importance of keywords, how to find out what people are actually searching for online and how often, and how to pick the right keywords. You’ll also hear about the things you can do to your site to prepare, to ensure the site has the best chance to rank well.
I’ll explain the role of content – text – in your Web pages, and how to optimize the various important tags in your page. You’ll also hear about structured data markup, a way to tell the search engines what the content in your pages actually represents – products, software, reviews, people, music, articles, and more.
You’ll learn the best ways to “submit” your site to the search engines, how to work with search directories, and about the Webmaster accounts, in particular Google Search Console.
You’ll also hear about what is often the hardest part about search engine optimization, linking … getting links from other sites pointing back to yours. I’ll explain in detail why this is so important, how links should be structured, and how to get them.
By the end of this course you’ll have a solid foundation in SEO and be able to optimize your site, or to supervise developers and SEO firms to ensure the job is done right.
What are the requirements?
- Basic knowledge of getting around on the Internet and building Web pages, even if through a simple page-building tool.
- You may not know how to work with Web pages, but this course will still provide the information you need to supervise a Web-development team in the area of SEO.
What am I going to get from this course?
- An understanding of how to rank a Web site high up in the major search engines.
- The knowledge you need to do the work yourself or supervise an optimization team or outside firm.
Who is the target audience?
- This course was created for people who own, manage, or develop Web sites.
- Great for Web developers wanting to understand how to optimize their employer’s or clients’ sites
- People managing Web sites, even if not very technical, will find the course useful for avoiding the many SEO scams
- Small business people who want to get more traffic to their site will find the course helpful, whether optimizing their own sites or employing someone else to do so.
- Businesses employing outside SEO firms will be able to understand what the firms should be doing … and if they’re doing it right!
- Online marketers