Accounting 1 Simplified for You – Course Description
Accounting 1 Simplified for You – is a unique, no-nonsense and meaningful way of understanding accounting basics by illustrating how business transactions are recorded in simple terms and step-by-step easy to follow exercises. Discover how easy it is to prepare financial statements and design your own accounting information system.
Empower yourself with the advantage of knowing and understanding your organization’s economic conditions through financial statements. Possess the ability to convert data into information that is meaningful to you. Convert your fear in accounting to confidence based on understanding the “jargon” in your own terms. Sharpen your analytical skills and empower yourself with understanding accounting for your business.
In this class, you will have a series of thoughtfully prepared video lectures, using real-life business examples and practice exercises after each section to reinforce your learning. Dr. Jacinto promotes and encourages lively discussions and feedback sessions. All your questions directly related to the topic will be answered within 24 hours. This course is ideal for college business and accounting students, bookkeepers, business owners, managers and anyone who wants to better understand accounting in business in a way that makes sense to you. This is an excellent study guide and supplement for students in accounting and those who are looking for a quick refresher. This course is an excellent complement to Accounting 2 Simplified You.
What are the requirements?
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Analytical Skills
- Patience and willingness to learn
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 13 lectures and 2.5 hours of content!
- Design an accounting information system for a small business
- Identify, classify and journalize the transactions of small business start up.
- Prepare adjusting entries, generate a trial balance and maintain the general ledger.
- Prepare financial statements – Income Statement, of Owner’s Equity, Balance Sheet & Statement of Cash Flows
- Understand and apply the value of financial information in managing a business.
- Discover career opportunities in accounting
- Appreciate and apply the value of accounting in your career
What is the target audience?
- Intended for beginners audience
- None or very little understanding of accounting
- Excellent study guide for accounting and business students who are currently enrolled in their first college accounting courses.
- Ideal for those who have procrastinated from taking required accounting courses for fear of its difficulty.
- Bookkeepers, accounting clerks, managers and small business owners who are looking to understand the big picture
- College students who are considering accounting as a career track